Client: Interserve Special Projects
Total Project Value: £500M
Subcontract Value: £11.75M
Commenced: July 2012
Duration: 116 Weeks
Scope: Full groundworks package to build the new engine manufacturing facility involving extensive external and foundation works.
- Extensive de-rocking of sandstone ground.
- Over 600 large reinforced foundations and associated ground beams.
- 3,500m² Ground floor concrete slabs.
- 8,000 Roof slabs and mezzanine decks.
- Foul and surface water drainage systems up to 6m deep, with pipes varying in size from 100mm up to 1,200mm diameter, and manholes up to 4m diameter.
- Excavation and installation of 3 large oil interceptors.
- Installation of 74,000 litre rainwater harvesting tank.
- 3 large bentomat lined attenuation ponds.
- 240 linear metres of gabion walling, and 175m of criblock walling, both to 3.7m high.
- Installation of rapid stack duct box system to facilitate installation of communications, data, HV / LV cabling etc.