Murraywood Construction Ltd are taking part in this years Manchester Sleep Out on the 8th November 2019.
We are raising money for the Booth Centre, which is a charity based in Manchester City Centre. They provide a variety of activies which help those rebuild their confidence and develop new skills, advice and support to homeless people. They also run skills sessions daily and offer everyone a free breakfast and lunch.
Murraywood first encountered the Booth Centre whilst working on our Embankment West project,. At this site, our Community Liaison Officer and Director in Charge of Health & Safety had the responsibility of engaging with those encountering homelessness in the surrounding area to inform them about the demolition of the nearby arches. However, as we knew we had to move them from where they was sleeping, we recommended them to visit the Booth Centre and gave them a leaflet with the location and what they provide.
Since then, we have been working with the Booth Centre, to help get those suffering back into employment. From visiting the Booth Centre, it is clear to see how much they do there with their volunteers, the list below details some of what they do:
- Cafe and Wellbeing – Free Breakfast and Lunch (Mondays to Fridays)
- Advice and Support – A drop in centre , where the staff and volunteers can assist the visitors in all aspects of every day life: residence, guiding them to adequate and understanding health care, (physical and mental), a place to shower, get a hiarcut, check their emails, contact family.
- Employment and Skills – Advice and guidance in job seeking, paid/unpaid work experience, CV building, opening a bank account etc
- The Booth Centre apply for funding to enable people to get the relevant training as and where appropriate.
- Performing Arts – Including Drama (The Booth Centre Theatre Company), Music, Photography and Creative Writing
Murraywood Construction recognise that the Booth Centre should receive more funding than they currently do, considering they receive little funding they truly do make the most of it. All donations are hugely appreciated, you can donate using the link below!