On the 30.01.2018, we had our second contract meeting with our client regarding any updates with the work. As at 30.01.2018, we are currently at: Flyers and business cards have been distributed (18.01.2018) to surrounding businesses. Regarding complaints, compliments and…
The existing development property consists of land, with railway arches. Network Rail assets occupy a proportion of the arches overhead and as such, these arches will be kept as they are. Other arches are to be isolated, by cutting away and then demolished down to ground level. Some arches will remain and will be infilled with concrete. This is in preparation for the final development phases, which are to construct two residential towers.
The scope of work is broken down into the following elements:-
- Archaeology – Archaeologists are employed to undertake archaeological and heritage survey of the site. This involves investigating the ground for archaeological remains.
- Arch Infill –Arches 104, 110 and 118 are to remain in place throughout demolition and construction phases. These arches will be infilled with foam concrete.
- Asbestos Removal – The site asbestos survey has identified areas of the site contaminated with asbestos containing materials. A specialist asbestos removal company will be employed to safely remove all asbestos from site prior to demolition works. Work will be carried out under ASB5 notification.
- Demolition – Demolition work is planned in sequence to safely demolish sections of arches:-
- removal of overburden of the arches.
- isolation of arches making independent from those that remain (saw cut).
- demolition of arches.
- ground remediation.
- Palisade Fencing – A small section of Palisade fencing tying into the parapet wall from the existing network rail depot.
- Parapet Wall – In-situ concrete wall on top of remaining arches following cut line.
- Piling Mat – Following ground remediation the piling mat will be formed to level.
Points of Contact
If you have any complaints, please contact us through our website or via the emails below.
Simon Ball, H&S Director – email@example.com
Mike Walsh, Construction Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chloe Ellis, Community Liaison Officer – email@example.com