Caddick Construction are the main contractor for the stunning landmark development in the Centre of Manchester. This build includes amongst the four buildings an iconic 36 storey tower development comprising 466 stylish apartments set in unique landscaped gardens and ground-breaking residents’ amenities tailored to the Private Rental Sector. The development also includes some 20,000sq ft of commercial space.
The Scope of Works is broken down into the following sections:
- Interface Works – Small element of final site cut and fill exercise prior to the installation of Drainage Works, Irregular shaped Insitu Concrete Retaining Walls, Insitu Concrete Steps and Timber Uniloq Retaining Walls followed by a mixture of Granite and Clay Paving with bespoke Granite Seating and Blackened Steel kerbing and planters.
- There are also unique historical works to highlight the history of the site and its previous existence as Shudehill Mill, which was one of the earliest cotton mills in Manchester City Centre. These works include the installation of bespoke marker stones and inlayed graphics within the hard landscaping works to mark the external walls and layout of the historic Shudehill Mill. Nodes and Viewing Goggles are also to be included within the hard landscaping areas to enable members of the public to view historical artefacts found across the site to be viewed.
- Main Works – Consists of approximately over 2000m2 of hard landscaping works consisting of Yorkstone Paving, Concrete Block Paving, Self-Binding Gravel and Artificial Turfing to provide a unique set of landscaped gardens for the residents.
- The hard landscaping works are built on top of a post tension reinforced concrete podium slab which requires a modular stormwater attenuation system, geotextile membrane, liquid applied waterproofing system and void former system to be installed prior to the hard landscaping works.
- As with the Interface Works, bespoke items of Granite Kerbing, Granite Steps, Blackened Steel Kerbing and Planters, and Street Furniture are also to be installed within the Main Works area.
- 278 Works – Public Realm interface works complete the project to tie the new buildings and hard landscaping areas into the existing public and pedestrian roadways.