A new operational command centre for Merseyside Police, valued at £50m with our contract works valued at £3m.
The works comprise of a 3 storey PC concrete framed building as the operational centre, a single storey steel framed ancillary building to accommodate the “engine room” to run the complex, a dedicated dog kennel building and training ground, car parking for 1200 vehicles and a purpose-built security building at the site entrance.
The Scope of Works is broken down into the following sections:
- Drainage – including two underground attenuation tanks and two foul chamber pumping tanks.
- Foundations to the ancillary building, dog kennels, security building and covered car park.
- Formation of all roadways in readiness for surfacing by a third party.
- Forming of security “bunds” to the site perimeter.
- Hard landscaping – comprising of “Marshalls” myriad paving blocks and key blocks.
- PAS 68 rated security bollards throughout.
- Service Ducting – 6km of underground service ducting throughout the complex.