The new Royal Liverpool University Hospital is soon to be the largest medical facility in the UK being 94,000 metre-square, containing 650 single ensuite bedrooms and 18 operating theatres. The new hospital will be built on the same site as the current hospital, which will be demolished following completion of the new hospital building.
Full groundworks package to build new hospital building.
Site enabling works forming site entrances, haul roads and accommodation facilities.
The Scope of Works is broken down into the following sections:
- Bulk excavation including removal of 41,000T of asbestos contaminated material.
- Vacuum excavation around existing service trenches.
- Excavation and mass fill foundations up to 2.5m deep with 2.5m deep structural reinforced foundations on top.
- Construction of tower crane bases – 7.5m x 7.5m x 3m deep.
- Construction of core foundations.
- Live sewer diversion and connection.
- Sewer connection involved tunnelling works into main highway.
- Foul and surface water drainage system.
- CCTV and jetting to all drainage.
- Construction of lift and escalator pits.
- Construction of retaining walls up to 6m tall.
- Waterproofing to retaining walls.
- Temporary foundations for cantilever bases.