Total Project Value: £77M
Subcontract Value: £7.2M
Commenced: July 2009
Duration: 135 Weeks
Scope: Greater Manchester Police commissioned a new Headquarters building consisting of predominantly offices, and a new Divisional Headquarters with both offices and custody suite. Murraywood carried out the full groundworks package.
- Excavation and construction of reinforced concrete foundations and pile caps.
- Installation of foul and surface water drainage systems and associated interceptor and rainwater harvesting tanks.
- Basement construction in both buildings measuring approximately 20m x 15m x 3m.
- Waterproofing to basement.
- 7 upper floors with concrete beam infills and soffit works with perimeter upstands an plinths.
- Over 10,000m² preparation work and asphalt surfacing to car parks.
- External stairway and pedestrianized public realm area laid to granite, with granite clad walls to match.